The Mark of the Beast is Revealed! (YouThubeology)
Here is the first of my Wednesday posts on YouThubology.
This week: "The Mark of the Beast | Exposed." This video is posted by "worldslastchance." At first, I thought this user was part of the Seventh-Day Adventist (SDA) church, for reasons you will see in the video. However, knowing some SDA's and speaking with other Christians who had SDA friends made me think twice about the association.
Sure enough, the user's website reads:
We used to be members of the Seventh Day Adventist Church until we realized that this church also rejected and subverted many Bible truths.Let me post the video and then make some comments:
The basic logic:
- There is a warning in Revelation 14 against receiving the mark of the beast.
- Scripture divides mankind into two groups: those with the seal of God (Rv 7:3) and those with the mark of the beast (Rv 13:16; 14:9)
- Isaiah 8:16 uses the words "seal the law" (KJV), therefore, the Law contains the seal of God.
- A seal contains 3 characteristics: name, office, and territory.
- The Fourth Commandment reads (in the KJV): "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is...." "LORD" is name, "made" indicates office (a maker or creator), and "heaven and earth," etc., indicates the territory of His office.
- The Fourth Commandment is the only command containing God's "seal."
- The sabbath is a sign of God's power and covenant between He and His people, and sanctifies them (Ez 20:12, 20; 31:13).
- The second beast of Revelation 13 will force all men to take the mark of the beast.
- Remember: there are only 2 groups of people. Receiving God's seal is obtained through keeping the Law.
- The beast is the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) (SM: they examined this in another video that we will not address here. I have homework to get to and can't spend my whole night on this!)
- A RCC document called "A Doctrinal Catechism" asks the RCC to evidence it's power. The evidence the document gives is the change from Saturday to Sunday "observance." Clearly, the RCC feels it has great authority.
- The devil's mark will be a counterfeit of God's seal. Whereas the Sabbath is a sign of God's power, changing the Sabbath is a sign of the beast's power.
- Those refusing the Law will receive the mark of the beast.
- Daniel 7:25 says the beast will try to change God's times and laws.
- The mark is not physical and is received in the forehead by believing Sunday is the Sabbath. It is also received by those who work on the true Sabbath (Saturday) or by those who outwardly keep Sunday "laws" for any reason.
- RFID chips or other theorized "marks" have nothing to do with the real mark of the beast, though the beast may use these things to enforce Sunday laws.
- Governments will enforce Sunday laws.
- Satan's grand scheme is to get everyone into a church on a Sunday to worship God then. Diabolical! (Apparently, it does not matter whether the church claims to worship Jesus or not - that's part of the devil's deception. See?)
- The "good news" of the Gospel is that you have to keep the Ten Commandments in order to get to heaven. It does not even matter if you trust in Christ for your salvation and rest in His promises. If you don't keep the REAL Sabbath, you don't have the seal of God, and you are going to Hell.
- A seal is a signature, not an emblem used to authenticate a signature or document, contrary to popular (dictionary) belief.
- In YouThubology, 1 + 2 = 12.
Before you post, keep Romans 14 in mind, however. It does not matter whether a Christian feels the need to have church on Saturday or Sunday. Some people esteem one day above others, and others esteem all days alike. Don't judge a person based on the day of the week on which he chooses to worship God. I have nothing against the SDA's having church on Satuday, for instance, if they are worshiping according to their convictions.
Deal with numerous other problems in the video. There are many from which to choose!
PS: Send me links to YouTube videos you believe should be featured in this series (marksbury-shaun @ ca . rr . com).