One Month Anniversary! Let's Wordle!

Officially, this blog is older than a month.  However, I got all the counters counting and widgets widgeting around August 7, so, that is as good of a date as any to count as a launch date.

Why?  The purpose of this blog was to provide a wider voice for the Pisteuo blog I have at http://blog.myspace.com/shaunmarksbury.  I've found that many people cannot or will not go on MySpace, either because of some web-filtering software or simply the stigma associated with the social networking site.

So, now there are two "Pistueo's" -- two means of belief -- that will get you to the same place.

(Plus, blogging on MySpace stinks. It can't handle half the formatting I want to do, it allows little in the way of customization, it puts awful (and sometimes sleazy) ads at the top of the blog, it won't allow trackbacks/backlinks, it doesn't support Open ID or anonymous comments, etc.)

Anyway, I'll continue the MySpace blog for the one or two faithfuls over there. MySpace needs more Christians, not fewer, and I am happy to report Pisteuo, MySpace crossed 12,000 views mark last month!  I don't know if that is good or bad, but I'm glad to be another voice there preaching God and the Gospel.

And, as it appears, that is what I've been blogging about!  (Well, at least for the last month or so.)  Here is the Wordle for Pisteuo since this Blogspot address launched:


This blog is growing in attention more rapidly than I anticipated, having already crossed into the triple-digits for visitors and nearly three-times as many page views within the first month.  That means people are sticking around and clicking on stuff.  Thanks to all who are! 

I'm also excited to announce the first book reviews to Pisteuo will appear within the next month or so.   Regal Publishing sent me a copy of Tony Campolo's "Red Letter Christians" and Joel Hunter's "A New Kind of Conservative." I'll remind you again once the reveiw is ready.

Thanks again to those who are reading, and God bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

Why Jesus Culture, Bethel Church, and Bethel's School of Supernatural Ministry are Spiritually Dangerous (Part 3 of 3)

Why Jesus Culture, Bethel Church, and Bethel's School of Supernatural Ministry are Spiritually Dangerous (Part 1 of 3)

Why Jesus Culture, Bethel Church, and Bethel's School of Supernatural Ministry are Spiritually Dangerous (Part 2 of 3)