RE: "Pastor Dayna Muldoon EXPOSED"

It enough to make your heart ache.  "Pastor" Dayna Muldoon has been pitching her tent in Florida, and like Todd Bentley before, false claims to miracles, healing, and prophecies litter her campsites.

This video of a Calvary Chapel pastor exposing her as a false prophet has been appearing in various places, and its been uploaded to YouTube multiple times.  Even Todd Friel got animated about this, and nothing gets him hyper.

Here's the deal: Muldoon set up her tent-meetings right down the road from Calvary Chapel St. Petersburg, peeking the interests of many attending the church.  When they listened to the message she presented, however, they found it not to be the Gospel, but instead the typical narcissistic message of health and blessings from God.

This is coming from a Calvary Chapel crew, folks that are typically non-cessationists themselves.  Many churches, including this particular Calvary Chapel, host after-glow services where one expects similar claims to miracles, tongues, prophecies, and such.  Thankfully, not to the same level.  Calvary Chapel churches also typically have a high view of Scripture, and it shows: this group found the contrast between biblical Christianity and Muldoon's faith message was so sharp that these parishioners stayed outside the service to evangelize those leaving.  Of course Muldoon would be displeased by this (what if people began warning your membership against your church's teaching?).

Pastor Scott Rodriguez decided to get involved at this point, and, at the end of it all, we have to say that this guy does the work of a pastor.  Concerned for both the behavior and well-being of his flock, he meets with Muldoon to confirm whether his people were heckling her, and to confirm whether she was a true voice of God in the community.  Vexed by her words and Christless preaching the following evening, he decides to speak up and call her out - also the work of a pastor.

If you haven't seen it, or you saw the shorter video I linked above, here is a longer version:
"And when miracles are emphasized, Jesus is denied."

Muldoon's own words in this video condemn her the most.  She begins with (paraphrasing) "God told me about all these blessings He is giving you," and then calls him out as "you devil," a "demon spirit."  That is quite a different prophecy - which Word from the Lord is correct, I wonder?  A tree is known by her fruit, indeed.

And indeed, if we contrasting the measured reactions of the pastor and camera-person vs. that of Muldoon and her followers, one wonders that this would fall under the banner of a "Christian" gathering.  When a group gets this agitated at the thought of someone disagreeing with them...

Pastor Rodriguez reports his side of the story, as posted at CARM, follows:
Brothers, several have been asking for some backstory/context on these videos. Mrs. Muldoon set her tent up across the street from our church (it is still there until Sunday 5/20.) I received a call from one of our people that some families that attend our church were sitting in her audience. Others were there to pray and share the gospel afterwards with people leaving. They had been accosted by a young man named Devon, (the managers son) on the evening before when he overheard one of our young men talking with someone after the service about the call of Pastor being reserved for men. 

I came out at the end of her Saturday night service and spoke with her, and her manager Dennis about their perspective on what had occurred. They felt that they were being heckled. I asked what they were preaching in order to get a better idea about their ministry, and explained to them that we, as a Gospel preaching church, would be extremely sensitive to a ministry that came off as strange as hers. She then claimed to be preaching the same message I described to her: that Christ came in the flesh to die upon a cross for the sins of man; that he was buried and rose again 3 days later; and that people are commanded by God the Father to turn from sin and put their faith in His Son’s finished work on the cross in order to be saved; and finally that there is no other way of salvation. She claimed that this was her message too, but that she also believed in miracles – which I agreed are still done today according to the will of God. I shared with her that if she would give me some materials to look over to her affirm her claims about her message, I would come back the next day and say a quick word to people from our Church about the need to refrain from being disruptive, disrespectful, and to hold any questions or disagreements until after her service to be voiced with her or her leaders. After some more discussion she said that would be acceptable to her. 

I came back the next evening. She didn’t call me up as we’d discussed. Had she, I honestly don’t know what I would have said. I sat through about an hour of what I’d classify as normal charismatic preaching quite off-base, but nothing overly shocking. However, there was a transition after her message into various fraudulent acts of “ministering in the “Holy Spirit” that range from her laying hands on people who would respond by gyrating, shaking, screaming, flapping arms like being in a strong wind, knocking over chairs, throwing themselves down (not falling) on the floor. She prophesied over 3 girls that she said were seated where the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were, that would be getting married in June – she acted as if she knew nothing of their personal lives, but one of them was the attorney for the ministry that I’d met the night before – the other two were her friends. She said angels were there and that there could be voices of angels heard in her music because they followed her wherever she went. Then she scared a 3 year old little girl when she called her mother up – girl in arms, and began laying hands all over her body (the Mom’s). 

Finally, I thought it was over, but she walked up to me where I was seated on the front row, and began “prophesying”. She said, “Young man spit your gum out and face me”. I got up (probably should have just walked out), and she began telling me how I thought I had come as a peacemaker, but was really there because God had used the hecklers to get me to her tent because He had something to give me through her. Then she went on and on saying all kinds of stuff, including that I said or thought that her ministry was a work of God, and that she was doing good and trying to help people. That was a lie. I never led her to believe any such thing. At that point I felt I needed to make it clear that I didn’t agree with her message or ministry, and that’s what I tried to do. Sadly I think it appears more as though some guy got in a prayer line or requested prayer and then seized on the opportunity – which isn’t true. 

My greatest desire is to see God’s people warned, but I don’t feel I did things perfectly. Here’s why: I knew the right thing to do was to seek my Senior Pastor’s approval, but as a matter of convenience I did not. He is a man of God, and would have helped find a more godly way of approaching this, but in a moment of passion I acted and entrapped myself. Please don’t misunderstand, I believe once in the circumstance the worse thing I could have done is simply remained quiet, but I just feel as though Jesus would have done it differently. So while I stand behind my words to Mrs. Muldoon and would plead with people to flee from any ministry that replaces the Blood stained Gospel of Jesus Christ with a pursuit of miracles, I ask forgiveness of the Lord and my brothers for any way in which I got ahead of the Spirit of God or acted independently. Finally, please know that I’m not the bold man some think I am, I’m a man who is inconsistent and struggles with the fear of man like everyone else – we all desperately need the Cross, myself included. 

P.S. I don’t use face book – maybe if people know that my wife can get some sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

MacArthur: Calvinism in a Nutshell

Was Rebekah a child when she married Isaac?