Hiding God's Word in Our Hearts

We were made for Google.  Ask someone with a WiFi connection a question, and you'll see that is the way we now behave.  A recent study discusses the transitive nature of our memory now that computers store everything we need to know.


It reminds me of a Stargate: SG-1 episode where a native people give up books in favor of having their brains plugged into the wireless Link (but I'm sure no one is altering information on the Internet in a systematic manner to shape our view of reality, really).

Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in Scripture, and its majestic poetic form is about Scripture. Verse 11 says "I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." We never know when trials and temptations will arise, but we can be ready even when we lack access to the Internet.

Verse 97 says, "Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day." There's nothing wrong with using the Internet to search God's Word (there's everything right about it), but are you taking the time to meditate and memorize it? When sorrows roll and sin knocks, endeavor to remember Yahweh's name in the night and keep His Word (v. 55).

Popular posts from this blog

RE: "Pastor Dayna Muldoon EXPOSED"

Was Rebekah a child when she married Isaac?

MacArthur: Calvinism in a Nutshell