Hilariously Disturbing and Blasphemous Quotes from “A Course in Miracles”

Confession time.
Oprah Winfrey’s much-promoted text in pagan spirituality sat (unread!) on my shelf.  You see, our church holds a garage sale each year, and we have to purge the books shelves of heretical teaching before offering them to the general public.  I thought it would be an interesting read to review, but instead I’m letting my daughter make a pumpkin out of it.
My wife and I flipped randomly through the book before the art project began, and through its miry teaching found a few gems:
  • “Revelation is intensely personal and cannot be meaningfully translated.  That is why any attempt to describe it in words is impossible.  Revelation induces only experience.  Miracles, on the other hand, induce action” (7).
  • “If God created you perfect, you are perfect. If you believe you can be sick, you have placed other gods before Him” (187).
  • “The Atonement does not make holy. You were created holy.  It merely brings unholiness to holiness; or what you have made to what you are” (291).
  • “Miracles are not in competition, and the number of them you can do is endless” (293).
  • Workbook section:
    • “What is a miracle? A miracle is a correction. It does not create, nor really change at all” (473).
    • “I am not a body. I am free” (382).
    • “All I do I do unto myself.  If I attack, I suffer.  But if I forgive, salvation will be given me” (395).
    • “My Father knows my holiness” (405).
    • “Whatever suffers is not part of me.  What grieves is not myself.  What is in pain is but illusion in my mind.  What dies was never really living in reality, and did but mock the truth about myself” (417).
    • “The Son of God is my Identity.  My Self is holy beyond all the thoughts of holiness of which I now conceive.  Its shimmering and perfect purity is far more brilliant than is any light that I have ever looked upon.  Its love is limitless… How far beyond this world my Self must be, and yet how near to me and close to God!” (420).
    • Naturally: “My Self is the ruler of the universe.  It is impossible that anything should come to me unbidden by myself” (421).
    • “My holy vision sees all things as pure” (427).
    • “My present happiness is all I see” (442).
    • “Christ’s Second Coming, which is sure as God, is merely the correction of mistakes, and the return to sanity” (449).
    • “I can be free of suffering today” (472).
    • My favorite quote: “I will not use the body’s eyes today” (430).
That is about all I could stand.  Here’s my review – A key text in the new age movement, A Course in Miracles represents a miry mixture of biblical principles and damnable heresy.

Popular posts from this blog

RE: "Pastor Dayna Muldoon EXPOSED"

Was Rebekah a child when she married Isaac?

MacArthur: Calvinism in a Nutshell