ABC's from the ESV Bible

I've seen these lists for the KJV, but since we all have ESV's, I wanted to make one in that version. The verses are also intended to be discussion starters, of course.  Hopefully, however, no verse requires a long discussion as to its context for the verse. 

If you come across a verse in the ESV that you believe would be better for a list like this than the one present, please let me know.

A- “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom 3:23)
B- “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31)
C- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” (Eph 6:1)
D- “Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God.” (Psa 119:115)
E- “Even a child makes himself known by his acts” (Pro 20:11)
F- “fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction” (Pro 1:7)
G- “God is love” (1 John 4:8)
H- “Honor your father and your mother” (Exo 20:11)
I- “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” (Gen 1:1)
J- Jesus “delivers us from the wrath to come.” (1 The 1:10)
K- “Keep your tongue from evil” (Psa 34:13)
L- “look to the Lord our God, till he has mercy upon us.” (Psa 123:2)
M- “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.” (Ps 42:2)
N- “None is righteous, no, not one” (Rom 3:10)
O- “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good” (Psa 118:1)
P- “Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God” (Psa 147:1)
Q- “quit before the quarrel breaks out” (Pro 17:14)
R- “Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth” (Ecc 12:1)
S- “Seek the Lord while he may be found” (Isa 55:6)
T- “Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.” (1 Cor 10:12)
U- “understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.” (John 10:38)
V- “Vindicate me, O Lord, my God, according to your righteousness” (Psa 35:24)
W- “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” (Psa 56:3)
X- “Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith.” (2 Cor 13:5)
Y- “You cannot serve God and money” (Mat 6:24)
Z- “Zion hears and is glad” (Psa 97:8)

Popular posts from this blog

RE: "Pastor Dayna Muldoon EXPOSED"

Was Rebekah a child when she married Isaac?

MacArthur: Calvinism in a Nutshell