Is Math necessarily Christian?

I remember an interesting conversation with a skeptic about certainty.  I asked him if he was sure that the equation 1+1=2 holds true at all points in the universe.  Forced to admit that he wasn't certain of mathematical constants, he admitted that he had no basis for such a belief.
ME: "With your degree in mathematics, do you live as though there's nothing certain, or do you take mathematical constants for granted?
HIM: "I guess I take it for granted.  Nothing would work otherwise."
I want to give a hat-tip to SlimJim for finding this article at MathIsChristian: The Futility of All Non-Christian Approaches to the philosophy of Mathematics.

Popular posts from this blog

RE: "Pastor Dayna Muldoon EXPOSED"

Was Rebekah a child when she married Isaac?

MacArthur: Calvinism in a Nutshell